Electrical Panel Service Installation
A general rule of thumb for the life span of an electrical panel is approximately 20-30 years. Here are a few ways to determine that you may need to either have your panel updated, or upgraded:
- Your panel has fuses v. circuit breakers.
- You are frequently tripping breakers.
- You have a Federal Pacific Panel (see our blog article on Federal Pacific Panels)
- You are planning on adding onto or remodeling your home.
- You have been told that the panel does not meet current electrical codes.
- You are adding additional circuits and the panel is full.
- If there is any rust or corrosion on the panel or circuit breakers.
- Your panel is between 20-30 years old.
Anytime you question the integrity of your panel whether it is for any of the reasons above or for something else, it is always wise to contact an electrician, as we have the tools and troubleshooting skills to handle the problem. Do not attempt to diagnose or fix any problem that extends beyond re-setting a tripped breaker in your electrical service panel. The voltage of electricity that flows through your home is immense, and is dangerous therefore it should only be handled by a licensed professional electrician.
Please, contact us today with any questions or to discuss an update or upgrade to your electrical service panel!